Friday, April 6, 2007

MidMarch Adventures

29/03/07Wow.. been a while since I wrote anything!!I had written a really long email, but my computer had an unfortunate accident a few weeks ago. Now it won't reboot and I need to replace the harddrive.. hmm.. Atleast I got my Pics and efw docs saved...The accident occurred cuz this lizard/geico got into my room and as my family knows I am super scared of them. When I was a kid, my dad would literally wrestle with them (lol) more like run after them with a broom cuz i was soo scared of them.. now it was my friends' turn.. She did that and then I dropped this class of water on the floor. The glass broke, the water spilled on my laptop, and the rest is self-explanatory......well..... I just had tests coupla weeks ago.. and I got a 99% on my ZULU TEST.. YAY!!! Thats like hard to get in SA... but us international students (well some of us) all got real high scores... I am still waiting for my Family Law Test which omg... was a real time crunch...... The level of education in my law classes in definitely higher than U.S. There is so much readin to go.... but nothin that can't be managed.. I think the real difference are the tests... You are only given an hour or less, and the test is packed. So you don't have time to think and check your work... Also, rules regarding exams are pretty strict... its scheduled in a different venue than regular class locations...u need ur student id.. ur books haveta be put away .. etc etc. u get the pics... well.. besides tht i think 75 and higher is an A which is good.....I'll let u know once i get other tests back.. I have two more next week.. aaah International law is gonna be a killer!!!! and the teacher for Zulu Dr. Sharmila Naidoo said the 2nd test is real difficult.. HMMMM havent started studying yet... As far as working at the Indian Veg stall is going .. tis great... i actually stayed over the ladys' home (Yasmin) to watch this Indian show on Zee Tv ... and then her mom cooked like 5 different indian vegetable curries for me.. banana kebabs, bitter gourd curry, potato curry, lima beans curry, and special dal rotis.. omg... n then for brkfast she made kachoris n dal wada.. n those who dont know wha this is .. it is really good homemade indian food.. u shld go taste it...now my meals r taken care off.. for someone who doesnt cook.. God has taken care of me very well.... w/ this lady givin me FREE FOOD always...even today im carryin 4 boxes of indian food....Ohyes.. i fasted for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago on Saturday .Yasmin is part of ISKON (hare krishna) and she said she was going to fast for some Indian festival called ekadashi (related to full moon) but i just did it to test my will power ..jus felt like doin it when i woke up... so i did.... n ate at 7 in the evening.. tht was interestin....then last week i sorta fasted abstained frm meat n alcohol.. n ate very less... i think i did this to jus have some self-restrain... it was good....ok i also found this GOOOOOOOD Thai restaurant called BANH THAI.. which is half off for Ladies on Tuesdays.. ITS GRT.. went there last wk and this wk for my friend Megan's BDAY....... Its GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOOOOOODAnother one is Bangkok Wok... at Wilson's Wharf.. My friend Susan and I went to the Old House Musuem and Old Court House Musuem on march 21st human rights day..... n then her aunt took us to Wilson's wharf for lunch.... its a nice VEYRNICE PLACE.. it has a harbor overlookin these restaurants..... n u can go around on boats ....I bought .. tons of artificial jewelry.. and yes they have a store w/ indian dvds...Ok i have been shoppin a lot a here but everythin looks REALLY GOOD..... OMG... hehe.. not tht its too much cheaper... neways.............FOOD IS SUPER GOOD HERE.. I LOVE IT..DO VISIT..Ok I have this awesome story about how I visited a witch doctor last weekend..and got a marriage proposal also...but ill save it for another time..... UPDATE ME W/ UR LIFE EVERYONE.. BUH BYE FOR NOW+

No comments: