Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MAY MAYHEM

HEHE
MAY IS OFFICIALLY HERE...

Firstly I won the DATATEL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR 2007-2008.. YAAAAY!!!!!!!! i received this extremely good news form my mom on mother's day making her sooo very proud.. she had sent the cutest email to me.... n also I got the President's Scholar Award for Straight A's.....yayayay again!
Yes Amma God does open all doors and it is up to us to choose the right one....
and another good news is that my older brother, Gautam (Anna) has landed an internship in Google for the summer. He is doing in MSc in Artificial Intelligence in USC and had just come from India last year in July.
and yes my lil brother Rahul once again received straight A's and got an A in his district essay writing contest. SO i guess my family is blessed!!!!!!!!!

Finals are starting in 2-3 weeks n theres so much stuff i need to do... tons...
i hope i get everything done.. i know i will...

its gettin alil cold here but its fine.. bearable..not like CA.... gets windy around 2 pm..
today I had a Zulu telephone oral.. got a 47/50.. so far thats the highest i have heard of ... jus practiced yesterday
Aki( my partner for the oral) n VERY GOOD FRIEND.... were practicing it yesterday n ended up talkin for four hours till 11 pm.. oooh we just lost track of time...w e were siting rite in the middle of the stairwell where everyone was walking.. hehehe it was fun.. but our backs started hurting when we went to sleep..

i also watched a Zulu play this weekend.. called Kwazulu-Place of Heaven it was good.. lotsa traditional dancing like ngoma, isicathimiya, etc... I was sooooooo excited cuz we do the same ngoma in our class n I have worn the same costume before.. also, I could actually understand some of the zulu words n I was like YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
then aki n i ate Spicy Seafood Paella at this restaurant called "Circus Circus".. oh it has the best food.... it has oysres clam chorizo sausage shrimp fish n spicy rice........yummmmmmmmmy... then we had TIRAMISU..... DELICIOUS...
Susan, Lori n Justine were also with us but they ate at a different place, but we didnt liek the food there so we ate at circus circus....
then i went to see an Indian move Tararumpum at Suncoast... it was alrite... bout a racer n his family.... nuthin too good.. except Rani looked awesome in the beginning....very trendy
Yasmin n Raj were with me... Then Raj knew some Indian Tamil (South Indian) ppl n wanted to introduce me to them... n there was a braai (barbecue) n IT WAS YUMMY FOOOD....
Mutton chops,n sausages (they dont eat beef or pork)... its interesting how they r from south africa but they r soo indian....
we played musical chairsn i was the semi-finalist ehehhee.. then we played agame called 30 seconds.. sorta like charades.. where u have to describe words on ur card in 30 sec...n ur teammates have to guess.... oh this is where amma gave me the good news of the scholarship n all..
well ders more to write... but i g2go now.........tons to do....

Buh bye
Love all of ya
Resham

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi what did irfan pathan say to u when asked for his number?
did u take pics with him
send them to me my id is malaikakhan83@hotmail.com